Our new Public and Communities Team focuses specifically on not-for-profit organisations, to help their boards make smarter decisions, driving better outcomes for all stakeholders. In the charity world, this means:
- more effective use of your trustees' time;
- saving time and therefore money so you can focus resources on the things that matter (and less time on the admin of putting packs together);
- moving faster towards your charitable objectives.
The Charity Governance Code states that information going to the board should be timely, relevant, accurate and provided in an easy to understand format. There is also increasing public and regulatory scrutiny on board materials, however in a study we recently undertook with ICSA Governance Institute , we found that 64% of those people putting board packs together rate their packs as ‘weak’ or ‘poor’.
About the Roundtable
Your charity’s resources are more precious than ever and it’s vital you can evidence to your supporters that their money is being used as effectively as possible. Join this FREE session to meet other charity colleagues, share experiences and learn more about:
- what good looks like and how to get there;
- the contents of a best practice board pack and the traits of a great board paper;
- our 3-step guide to improving your board pack;
- how to streamline the creation process - have a quick look at our board reporting platform.
Sign up here and feel free to share with others working in a similar role in the charity sector.
We exist to help boards make smart decisions, and believe that better discussions in the boardroom drive better outcomes for all stakeholders, employees and society.
We address the problem of poor quality board information by making it easy for management to write papers that are half the size, twice the impact, and putting these papers at the fingertips of the board.